The ADR Committee seeks to promote to lawyers, the judiciary, and the public, the use and value of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) processes. These processes help parties resolve disputes without a trial in a less costly and more timely and satisfying manner. In particular, we offer members of the bench and the bar, tools and resources so that they can be more effective and successful ADR practitioners or consumers. The Committee organizes substantive webinars and seminars featuring experienced and knowledgeable speakers on all aspects of ADR, for which participants can receive CLE and CME credits.
Past Committee Chairs:
Kenyetta Alexander (2021-2022), Mark Greenberg (2020-2021), Rosine M. Plank-Brumback (2017-2020), Theodore A. Deckert (2015-2017), Amber E.B. McMichael (2012-2015), W. Jay Hunston, Jr. (2000-2012)
2022-2023 Committee Members:
Tami Augen Rhodes, Kelly Bennet, Bruce Blitman, Judge (Ret.) Lucy Chernow Brown, William Cea, Maxwell Christiansen, Lloyd Comiter, Shari Elessar, Lawrence Gordon, Mark Greenberg, Christopher Hopkins, W. Jay Hunston, Debra Jenks, Alfred LaSorte, David Lucey, Ana Cristina Maldonada, Stuart Manoff, Jeffrey Marcus, Kathryn McHale, Jean Marie Middleton, Stacey Mullins, Adam Myron, Rosine Plank-Brumback, Daria Pustilnik, Roger Sisser, John Sochacki, Donna Greenspan Solomon, Judge (Ret.) Ken Stern
Committees are a great way to get involved with your local bar association, network with your colleagues and become a leader in your legal community.
|EVENT NAME||PROGRAM DATE||PROGRAM TITLE||PROGRAM AGENDA|
|ADR SESSION AT THE ANNUAL PBCBA BENCH BAR CONFERENCE|
|Friday, August 28, 2020||You Can Always Be a Better Negotiator|
|Friday, February 22, 2019||Using Neutrals to Expedite ESI Disputes|
|Friday, March 9, 2018||Working Together to Maximize Benefits of ADR for Clients|
The ADR Committee’s annual signature event is a full-day seminar held on the second Monday in February where the committee showcases and anticipates cutting edge topics in the constantly evolving ADR tapestry.
|PROGRAM DATE||PROGRAM TITLE||PROGRAM AGENDA||WEBINAR||PHOTO GALLERY|
|Monday, February 8, 2021||ADR Now -What the Covid Are We Doing?|
|Monday, February 10, 2020||The New Flavors of ADR|
|Monday, February 11, 2019||Emerging Trends in ADR and ODR – Blending the Old and the New|
|Monday, February 12, 2018||Evolving Trends in ADR: Cooperation, the Key to Agreement|
In commemoration of Mediation Week (third week in October) and Conflict Resolution Day (third Thursday of October), the ADR Committee organizes several activities to promote the use and value of mediation. These include a mediation seminar for ADR and legal professionals and a PBC high school essay contest with cash prizes awarded to the student winners and their teachers. Additionally, the Committee obtains proclamations from local political bodies recognizing mediation as an effective alternative to litigation and court trials and expressing appreciation to the PBCBA for promoting ADR (see Proclamations).
|EVENT NAME||PROGRAM DATE||PROGRAM TITLE||PROGRAM AGENDA||WEBINAR||PHOTO GALLERY|
|ANNUAL MEDIATION WEEK|
|October 21, 2021||Managing Cognitive and Social Biases in Mediation|
|October 15, 2020||Elder Mediation- An Overdue Dispute Resolution Option Coming Apart, Coming Together – How Do We Save This Family?|
|Mediation Seminar||October 17, 2019||Navigating Complex Mediations|
|October 18, 2019||Mediation – A Civil Way to Resolve Disputes|
|PBC High School Essay & Video Contest||October 2019||Win-Win Through Mediation|
|October 17, 2018||Mediation – A Civil Way to Resolve Disputes|
Please check back later for updates.
- October 2022 | Is It Ever Too Early to Mediate? – written by Alfred LaSorte, Jr.
- September 2022 | Be a Problem Solver – Plug the Drain – written by Debra A. Jenks
- July/August 2022 | Arbitration Case Law Update – written by Donna Greenspan Solomon
- June 2022 | Selecting the Right Mediator – written by William J. Cea
- May 2022 | I Am a Mediator Because Peace Has a Value – written by Mark Greenberg
- American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution
- Association for Conflict Resolution
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
- Florida Bar Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- Florida Dispute Resolution Center
- 2020 ADR Resource Handbook
- Florida Mediator Ethics Advisory Committee (MEAC) Opinions
- Florida Rules for Court-Appointed Arbitrators
- Florida Rules for Certified and Court-Appointed Mediators
- Florida Statute Ch. 44 Mediation Alternatives to Judicial Action
- Florida Supreme Court’s Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution Rules and Policy: Petition Proposing Amendments to the Florida Rules
- How to Become a Supreme Court Certified Mediator
- Revised Florida Arbitration Code
- U.S. Code Title 9 Arbitration
- U.S. Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service: Arbitration Policies and Procedures from the Code of Federal Regulations
Please check back later.