Welcome to the Transaction Law Committee Page. We hope that you will find these resources helpful in your practice. The mission of this committee is to promote business law, including financial services, securities, banking and general corporate law practice areas. The committee will offer educational seminars, discussion forums and networking opportunities.
2019 – 20 Committee Members
Chair: Joshua H. Marks – Joshua.email@example.com | 561.319.8070
Members: Marie E. Andrews, Adam Stephen Doner, Alfred G. Morici, Edwin M. Walker III
If you’d like to join the committee, please contact Carla T. Brown, PBCBA Executive Director.
- The Transaction Law Committee (“Committee”) is a practice committee of the Palm Beach County Bar Association. The activities of the group are coordinated by a Committee Chair (2017-2018 Chair: Kristin Vivo, The Law Offices of Kristin Vivo) and the other Committee members (2017-2018: Rikki Bagatell, Shutts & Bowen LLP; Lindsay Demmery, Prestige Land & Law PLLC; Sean Ingram, Ingram IP Law, P.A.; Matthew Kissner, Broad & Cassel LLP; Blair LittleJohn, Palm Beach County School District; and Sheryl G. Wood, Sheryl G. Wood, P.
- Transactional attorneys advise organizations and individuals on legal issues affecting their business. These attorneys also counsel clients on corporate governance, compliance issues, as well as commercial matters. Transactional practice involves researching, drafting, negotiating, and reviewing documents. These documents include but are not limited to: documents needed for mergers & acquisitions, commercial contracts, documents needed for the creation of new corporate entities, and the closing documents for the purchase of real property. Corporate Law, International Business Law, Commercial Law, Bankruptcy Law, Tax Law, Banking Law, Business Law, and Real Estate Law are a few areas of law considered to be under the umbrella of Transaction Law.
- The principal purpose of the Committee is to provide opportunities for the exchange of best practices among Committee members, networking, as well as to provide education to fellow attorneys via luncheons and CLE programs.
- The Committee holds monthly luncheons as well as CLE programs; please see Palm Beach County Bar Association Calendar of Events for dates, times, and locations.
- Committee members and/or outside speakers may make presentations to the Committee but at the request, or with the prior approval, of the Chair and other Committee members.
PAST CLE PRESENTATIONS
Florida Secured Transaction Registry
Florida Revised Limited Liability Company Act
Florida Corporations Statute
Florida Partnership Statutes
Florida Department of State Division of Corporations
Business Law Section of the Florida Bar
Association of Corporate Counsel
American Bar Association Business Law Section
Practicising Law Institute (PLI)
National Venture Capital Association – Represents venture funds and provides essential information regarding the venture capital industry
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Small Business Administration
Securities and Exchange Commission
EDGAR Filings Page
Current SEC Rulemaking
Compliance and Disclosure Interpretations
Financial Reporting Manual
OTC – World’s largest electronic interdealer quotation system for unlisted securities
Financial Institution Regulatory Authority (FINRA) – The largest independent regulator for all securities firms doing business in the United States