Welcome to the Transaction Law Committee Page. We hope that you will find these resources helpful in your practice. The mission of this committee is to promote business law, including financial services, securities, banking and general corporate law practice areas. The committee will offer educational seminars, discussion forums and networking opportunities.
Anushree Nakkana | Anu.Nakkana@greenwayhealth.com
Committees are a great way to get involved with your local bar association, network with your colleagues and become a leader in your legal community.
- The Transaction Law Committee (“Committee”) is a practice committee of the Palm Beach County Bar Association. The activities of the group are coordinated by a Committee Chair (2019-2020 Chair: Jeffrey Marcus, The Law Offices of Jeffrey Marcus) and the other Committee members.
- Transactional attorneys advise organizations and individuals on legal issues affecting their business. These attorneys also counsel clients on corporate governance, compliance issues, as well as commercial matters. Transactional practice involves researching, drafting, negotiating, and reviewing documents. These documents include but are not limited to: documents needed for mergers & acquisitions, commercial contracts, documents needed for the creation of new corporate entities, and the closing documents for the purchase of real property. Corporate Law, International Business Law, Commercial Law, Bankruptcy Law, Tax Law, Banking Law, Business Law, and Real Estate Law are a few areas of law considered to be under the umbrella of Transaction Law.
- The principal purpose of the Committee is to provide opportunities for the exchange of best practices among Committee members, networking, as well as to provide education to fellow attorneys via luncheons and CLE programs.
- The Committee holds monthly luncheons as well as CLE programs; please see Palm Beach County Bar Association Calendar of Events for dates, times, and locations.
- Committee members and/or outside speakers may make presentations to the Committee but at the request, or with the prior approval, of the Chair and other Committee members.
- Florida Revised Limited Liability Company Act
- Florida Corporations Statute
- Florida Partnership Statutes
- Florida Department of State Division of Corporations
- Business Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Association of Corporate Counsel
- American Bar Association Business Law Section
- Practicing Law Institute (PLI)
- National Venture Capital Association – Represents venture funds and provides essential information regarding the venture capital industry
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Small Business Administration
- Securities and Exchange Commission
- EDGAR Filings Page
- SEC Forms
- Current SEC Rulemaking
- Compliance and Disclosure Interpretations
- Financial Reporting Manual
- Disclosure Guidance
- OTC – World’s largest electronic interdealer quotation system for unlisted securities
- Financial Institution Regulatory Authority (FINRA) – The largest independent regulator for all securities firms doing business in the United States