The Law Related Education Committee (“LREC”) seeks to increase public understanding of civics and the judicial system. The Committee members, including attorneys and judges, reach out to various community groups and present interactive, educational programs about civics.
The School Education Subcommittee focuses on reaching out to area schools and presents civics presentations to local students.
Chair: Andrew Steven Kwan
Members: Bradley Avakian, Nora Bailey, Patrick Bailey, Bruce Blitman, Hon. Sherri Collins, Mary Grecz, Brennan Grogan, Daniella Margetic, Hon. James Nutt, Ori Silver
If you are interested in joining our committee, please click here.
To volunteer for an upcoming presentation, please click here
LREC Accomplishments: Past presentation Venues
- Rotary Clubs (Palm Beach, Wellington, Royal Palm Beach, and Boynton Beach)
- PBC Libraries (Lantana, West Boca, Wellington, Glades Road, and Palm Beach Gardens)
- Boy Scouts WPB Troop 141
- American Business Women’s Assoc.
- Temple Anshei Shalom, Lifelong Learning Center
- Palm Beach Gardens Kiwanis Club
- Buena Vida Senior Living Community
- Atria Meridian Senior Living
- FL Alliance of Retired Americans
- Loxahatchee Grove Land Owners’ Association
- Valencia Lake’s Men’s Group
- Citizens Association of Palm Beach
- Mangrove Bay ALF
- Paralegal Association
- Florida Association of Woman Lawyers – Take Your Child to Work Day
- Town of South Palm Beach
Links for the Membership
Resources and Helpful Links
Be An Informed Voter
Civics Literacy: No Laughing Matter by Eugene K. Pettis
Are You Civic Minded by Jill G. Weiss
iCivics, student resource founded by Justice Sandra Day O’Connor