FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June, 25, 2020
CONTACT: Robert J. Harvey, Esq.
Fifteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission
TELEPHONE: (561) 303-2918
The Fifteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Committee (“JNC”) announces one vacancy for a County Court Judge position created by the elevation of Judge Paige Gillman. The JNC has been asked to provide Governor Ron DeSantis with nominees for the County Court vacancy by Friday, July 17, 2020.
Qualifications of Applicants:
Applicants must be able to fulfill the Constitutional qualifications before assuming the office of County Court Judge, which require the person to be a member in good standing of The Florida Bar for the preceding five years, a resident of the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit and a registered voter in the State of Florida.
Instructions for Submission:
1) The current Judicial Application form must be used and can be found at https://www.flgov.com/judicial-and-judicial-nominating-commission-information/. Applicants should ensure they are using the correct and current Revised Judicial Application form.
2) The completed original application must be typed, bound and two-sided. The application must include a photograph.
3) In addition to the original application, applicants must provide the following: (i) one original electronic copy of the application, including all attachments, in pdf format, (ii) one redacted electronic copy of the application, including all attachments, in pdf format, excluding all exempt information under Chapter 119 of the Florida Statutes or other applicable public records law. Each electronic application along with any exhibits, must be a single pdf file.
4) Applications. The deadline for submission of the completed application is 5:00 p.m., July 2, 2020. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Both the original and redacted electronic applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The completed original typed and bound application must be delivered to Robert J. Harvey, Jenks & Harvey LLP, 1555 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd., 16th Floor, West Palm Beach, FL 33401. Please ensure the Application is complete, including all required responses (including references, case style and contact information regarding recent cases, and class standing and degree information regarding education), and all required attachments (writing sample, financial disclosure, photograph). Incomplete applications may not be considered.
5) Pending Circuit Court Vacancy. The JNC is currently accepting applications for the Circuit Court vacancy created by the elevation of Judge Edward Artau. The JNC intends to conduct any interviews for both the Circuit Court and County Court vacancies concurrently. When submitting the Application all applicants must indicate whether they are applying for Circuit Court, County Court, or for both vacancies. The JNC is required to certify separate lists for each vacancy.
The JNC will publish on the Palm Beach County Bar Association’s website www.palmbeachbar.org and Governor Ron DeSantis’ judicial webpage https://www.flgov.com/judicial-and-judicial-nominating-commission-information/ the time, location, and method of any interviews that the JNC chooses to conduct.
All JNC proceedings are open to the public, except for deliberations. Applications are not confidential. If an applicant is nominated, all materials attached to the original application will be submitted to the Governor.
A list of members of the Fifteenth Circuit JNC is available at https://www.flgov.com/judicial-and-judicial-nominating-commission-information/.Members of the bench, the Bar and the public are urged to contact the members of the Commission concerning applicants for judicial positions.
If you have any questions, please call Mr. Harvey at (561) 303-2918, or email at email@example.com