FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 23, 2018
CONTACT: Gregor J. Schwinghammer, Jr., Esq.
Fifteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission
TELEPHONE: (561) 650-0595
The Fifteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission announces one vacancy for a County Court Judge position. The JNC has been asked to provide Governor Rick Scott with nominees and is soliciting applications.
Qualifications of Applicants:
Applicants must be able to fulfill the Constitutional qualifications before assuming the office of County Court Judge, which require the person to be a member in good standing of The Florida Bar for the preceding five years, a resident of the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit and a registered voter in the State of Florida.
Instructions for Submission:
Note: The JNC is working on a compressed schedule for this vacancy, and therefore the deadlines and location to drop applications is different than has been for past vacancies. Please note the details below.
1) Applicants must submit an application in the proper form to be considered. The current Judicial Application form can be downloaded in Word version from The Florida Bar’s website. Applicants should ensure they are using the correct and current form.
2) The completed application must be typed and bound. The application must include a photograph.
3) In addition to the original application, applicants must provide the following: (i) three (3) copies of the completed application, (ii) one redacted copy of the application excluding all exempt information under Chapter 119 of the Florida Statutes or other applicable public records law; and (iii) an electronic copy of the application on nine (9) individual flash drives with the application in PDF format with the applicant’s name on the exterior of the flash drives. (The flash drives should include one, single file, and must not exceed 8 Mb; the application, photo, exhibits and any attachments must be included in that single file.) No other attachments or files are to be included on the flash drives. All printed copies should be two-sided.
4) The completed application, copies and flash drives must be delivered to Gunster Yoakley & Stewart, P.A., 777 S. Flagler Drive, Suite 500 East, West Palm Beach, Florida 33401.
5) The deadline for submission of the completed application is 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, July 31, 2018. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. The JNC has not set a date for any interviews but anticipates that if interviews are scheduled, they may be scheduled as early as the week of August 13, 2018.
After the deadline for submitting applications, the Commission will publish on the Palm Beach County Bar Association’s website: [www.palmbeachbar.org] the date, time and location of any interviews that the JNC chooses to conduct. Any interviews will be done in person, no telephonic interviews will be scheduled.
All proceedings of the Commission are open to the public, except for deliberations. Applicants should not expect their applications to be kept confidential. If an applicant is nominated, all materials attached to the original application will be submitted to the Governor.
A list of members of the Fifteenth Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission is available from The Florida Bar’s website at www.floridabar.org.
Members of the bench, the Bar and the public are urged to contact the members of the Commission concerning applicants for judicial positions.
If you have any questions, please call Mr. Schwinghammer at (561) 650-0595, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.