The Law Related Education Committee (“LREC”) seeks to increase public understanding of civics and the judicial system. The Committee members, including attorneys and judges, reach out to various community groups and present interactive, educational programs about civics.
The School Education Subcommittee focuses on reaching out to area schools and presents civics presentations to local students.
Chair: Andrew S. Kwan – email@example.com | 561.835.0900
Members: Bradley S. Avakian, Eneami Bestman, Bruce A. Blitman, Hon. Sherri L. Collins, Adam S. Doner, Hon. Paige H. Gillman, Nicholas C. Johnson, Kathryn L. Perrin, Ori Silver, Karen Velez
If you are interested in joining our committee, please click here.
To volunteer for an upcoming presentation, please click here
LREC Accomplishments: Past presentation Venues
- Rotary Clubs (Palm Beach, Wellington, Royal Palm Beach, and Boynton Beach)
- PBC Libraries (Lantana, West Boca, Wellington, Glades Road, and Palm Beach Gardens)
- Boy Scouts WPB Troop 141
- American Business Women’s Assoc.
- Temple Anshei Shalom, Lifelong Learning Center
- Palm Beach Gardens Kiwanis Club
- Buena Vida Senior Living Community
- Atria Meridian Senior Living
- FL Alliance of Retired Americans
- Loxahatchee Grove Land Owners’ Association
- Valencia Lake’s Men’s Group
- Citizens Association of Palm Beach
- Mangrove Bay ALF
- Paralegal Association
- Florida Association of Woman Lawyers – Take Your Child to Work Day
- Town of South Palm Beach
Links for the Membership
- Learn How to Teach Benchmarks, Plus CLE Credit
-You must login using your bar number to receive the special Member rate
-You can find the 10.10.18 Law Related Education CLE listed under the Misc. section or by clicking here
- Benchmarks: Raising the Bar on Civics Education
- Speaker Evaluation Form (for distribution at presentations)
- Speaker Report Form (for submission to the Committee)