MISSION: to serve as a liaison between the Bar and the Judiciary; plan, implement and coordinate programs for better relations between the Bench and Bar, including the annual Bench Bar Conference, Judicial Lunch seminar series, judicial relations spokespersons who conduct in person meetings with the judges, and the bi-annual judicial evaluations administered by the PBCBA. Provide information to the public to ease court access.
Committee Members: Liz Herman, Chair; Islam Alsafeer, Hon. Edward Artau, Nicole Atkinson, Meredith Biggs, Hon. Peter Blanc, Hon. Ted Booras, Amy Borman, Rebecca Brock, Jonathan Burns, Lina Busby, Misty Chaves, Livia Chaykin, Chief Judge Jeffrey Colbath, Jessenia Concepcion, Arye Corbett, Joseph Curley, Scott Curry, Jeremy Dicker, Santo DiGangi, Colleen Farnsworth, Roger Feicht, Matthew Fiorello, Walter Garbrysiak, James Gavigan, Jr., Hon. Jeffrey Gillen, Ron Herman, Scott Holtz, Debra Jenks, Lauren Johnson, Chelsea Koester, Leanna Lalla, Jessica Latour, William Lazarchick, Jr., Jared Levy, Diana Lewis, William Lewis, Adriana Lopez, Richard Lubiner, Edward Malavenda, Matthew Martin, Andrea McMillan, Madhavi Menon, Jean Marie Middleton, Telsula Morgan, Michelle Murray, Michael Nullman, Holly O’Neill, Hon. Nancy Perez, William Pruitt, Terry Resk, Freddy Rhoads, Ian Robinson, Daniel Rosenbaum, Peter A. Sachs, Hon. Meenu T. Sasser, Nichole Segal, Courtney Siders, Jeffrey Siskind, Todd Stewart, Scott Sweigart, Hon. Jessica Ticktin, Courtney Tito, Cyrus Toufanian, Harely Toufanian, Stephen Walker, Hon. Daliah Weiss, Magis. Sarah Willis, Robert Wright and Matthew Zimmerman.
Future Meeting Dates:
January 27, 2017
March 31, 2017
May 5, 2017
Meeting 11.2.16 Minutes
UMC Coffee and Bagels with the Judges:
- Join us for a series of fun, casual coffee hours meant to foster relationships and dialogue between the judiciary and members of the bar that take place just before Uniform Motion Calendar in the cafeteria at the Main Courthouse
- Future Dates: 7:45am – 8:30am
Wednesday, January 25
Wednesday, February 15
Tuesday, March 7
Tuesday, April 4
Wednesday, May 10
Tuesday, June 6
Upcoming CLE: Juror Troubles – Join the Judicial Relations Committee on Tuesday January 31, 2017 from 11:45pm – 1:00pm at the Palm Beach County Courthouse for a CLE on how to effectively deal with Juror Nondisclosure during Voir Dire and Juror Misconduct During Trial. Our moderator is Nichole Segal and our distinguished panel includes Judge Robert Gross, Chief Judge Jeffrey Colbath, Judge Lisa Small, and Judge Janis Keyser. Attendees are eligible for one (1) General CLE credit.
Bench Bar Conference – March 10, 2017
- Organizes the Bench Bar Conference, our biggest annual event, held in the Spring and attended by hundreds of attorneys and State and Federal Judges that discuss various topics that are relevant to new and veteran practitioners. The all-day CLE Conference includes a luncheon with a keynote speaker and a presentation of the Sidney Stubbs Professionalism Award and the Judge Edward Rodgers Diversity Award. The recent Conference included breakout seminars in the areas of commercial litigation, personal injury, family law, criminal law and a diversity session for law students, to name a few.
- Registration Information (not yet available)
Judicial Spokesperson Committee
- Every year, the Judicial Spokesperson Subcommittee interviews all of the county, circuit, and appellate state judges in Palm Beach County to seek their candid feedback regarding the Palm Beach County Bar Association, the Bench-Bar Conference, the Judicial Luncheons, and ways for lawyers practicing in Palm Beach County to improve their knowledge and use of legal and procedural rules. The judges’ comments are then compiled anonymously, summarized, and presented to the Judicial Relations Committee and to the entire legal community in an article in the Palm Beach County Bar Association Bulletin.
- Newly appointed judges are interviewed and articles are written about them and published in the Bar Bulletin. Copies of previously written profiles can be found here
- E-filing portal: https://www.myflcourtaccess.com/
- Clerk and Comptroller of Palm Beach County: http://www.mypalmbeachclerk.com/default.aspx
- E-filing rules and Resources: http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/TFBMember.nsf/840090c16eedaf0085256b61000928dc/71dfc7f916b14d0185257a3a00579278!OpenDocument
- 15th Circuit e-service/ online scheduling requirements: http://15thcircuit.co.palm-beach.fl.us/web/guest/eservice
- Local Rules and Administrative Orders: http://15thcircuit.co.palm-beach.fl.us/web/guest/adminorders
DIVISIONAL INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOUND ON EACH JUDGE’S WEBPAGE. PLEASE CHECK THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE FILING MOTIONS OR SETTING HEARINGS
- Alphabetical List of Judges
- Judicial Directory by Division
- 15th Judicial Circuit
- Florida Supreme Court
- Federal Court – Southern District of Florida
Other Helpful Links
- Florida Statutes; http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/Index.cfm
- Florida Administrative Code: https://www.flrules.org/
- Legal Aid of PBC: http://www.legalaidpbc.org/
- State Attorney’s Office: http://www.sa15.state.fl.us/stateattorney/
- Public Defenders Office: http://www.pd15.state.fl.us/