MISSION: to serve as a liaison between the Bar and the Judiciary; plan, implement and coordinate programs for better relations between the Bench and Bar, including the annual Bench Bar Conference, Judicial Lunch seminar series, judicial relations spokespersons who conduct in person meetings with the judges, and the bi-annual judicial evaluations administered by the PBCBA. Provide information to the public to ease court access.
Committee Members: Liz Herman, Chair; Islam Alsafeer, Hon. Edward Artau, Nicole Atkinson, Meredith Biggs, Hon. Peter Blanc, Hon. Ted Booras, Amy Borman, Rebecca Brock, Jonathan Burns, Lina Busby, Misty Chaves, Livia Chaykin, Chief Judge Jeffrey Colbath, Jessenia Concepcion, Arye Corbett, Joseph Curley, Scott Curry, Jeremy Dicker, Santo DiGangi, Colleen Farnsworth, Roger Feicht, Matthew Fiorello, Walter Garbrysiak, James Gavigan, Jr., Hon. Jeffrey Gillen, Ron Herman, Scott Holtz, Debra Jenks, Lauren Johnson, Chelsea Koester, Leanna Lalla, Jessica Latour, William Lazarchick, Jr., Jared Levy, Diana Lewis, William Lewis, Adriana Lopez, Richard Lubiner, Edward Malavenda, Matthew Martin, Andrea McMillan, Madhavi Menon, Jean Marie Middleton, Telsula Morgan, Michelle Murray, Michael Nullman, Holly O’Neill, Hon. Nancy Perez, William Pruitt, Terry Resk, Freddy Rhoads, Ian Robinson, Daniel Rosenbaum, Peter A. Sachs, Hon. Meenu T. Sasser, Nichole Segal, Courtney Siders, Jeffrey Siskind, Todd Stewart, Scott Sweigart, Hon. Jessica Ticktin, Courtney Tito, Cyrus Toufanian, Harely Toufanian, Stephen Walker, Hon. Daliah Weiss, Magis. Sarah Willis, Robert Wright and Matthew Zimmerman.
CLE: Are You Following Proper Procedures During Motion Calendar? Click here (go to the civil trial section and select “Art of Motion Calendar”) to purchase this educational one-hour seminar presented in September 2014 featuring Judges Peter Blanc and Greg Keyser, Learn how to effectively present your case to the Judge. Also included are tips on common mistakes, top 10 pet peeves of the judges, proper procedures and conduct, how to earn respect from the Judge and consequences for not following the rules.
Future Meeting Dates:
September 30, 2016
November 4, 2016
December 9, 2016
January 27, 2017
March 31, 2017
May 5, 2017
- Organizes CLE luncheons throughout the year on a diverse range of topics that appeal to attorneys practicing different areas of law and having varied years of experience. The panel of speakers usually includes three judges and an attorney moderator.
- Past Luncheons featured in the Bar Bulletin
- February 2013 “Voir Dire” (Page 10)
- March 2013 “Civil Motion Practice and Discovery Violations” (Page 10)
- June 2013 “Good Courtroom Practice” (Page 5)
- September 2013 “Practice Tips from the Federal Bench” and “Evidentiary Foundations and Objections/Preserving Objections for Appeal” (Page 13)
- March 2014 “Making the Most of Your UMC and Special Set Hearings – Improving the Odds of Getting What you Want” (Page 12)
Bench Bar Conference – March 10, 2017
- Organizes the Bench Bar Conference, our biggest annual event, held in the Spring and attended by hundreds of attorneys and State and Federal Judges that discuss various topics that are relevant to new and veteran practitioners. The all-day CLE Conference includes a luncheon with a keynote speaker and a presentation of the Sidney Stubbs Professionalism Award and the Judge Edward Rodgers Diversity Award. The recent Conference included breakout seminars in the areas of commercial litigation, personal injury, family law, criminal law and a diversity session for law students, to name a few.
- Registration Information (not yet available)
Judicial Spokesperson Committee
- Every year, the Judicial Spokesperson Subcommittee interviews all of the county, circuit, and appellate state judges in Palm Beach County to seek their candid feedback regarding the Palm Beach County Bar Association, the Bench-Bar Conference, the Judicial Luncheons, and ways for lawyers practicing in Palm Beach County to improve their knowledge and use of legal and procedural rules. The judges’ comments are then compiled anonymously, summarized, and presented to the Judicial Relations Committee and to the entire legal community in an article in the Palm Beach County Bar Association Bulletin.
- Newly appointed judges are interviewed and articles are written about them and published in the Bar Bulletin. Copies of previously written profiles can be found here
- E-filing portal: https://www.myflcourtaccess.com/
- Clerk and Comptroller of Palm Beach County: http://www.mypalmbeachclerk.com/default.aspx
- E-filing rules and Resources: http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/TFBMember.nsf/840090c16eedaf0085256b61000928dc/71dfc7f916b14d0185257a3a00579278!OpenDocument
- 15th Circuit e-service/ online scheduling requirements: http://15thcircuit.co.palm-beach.fl.us/web/guest/eservice
- Local Rules and Administrative Orders: http://15thcircuit.co.palm-beach.fl.us/web/guest/adminorders
DIVISIONAL INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOUND ON EACH JUDGE’S WEBPAGE. PLEASE CHECK THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE FILING MOTIONS OR SETTING HEARINGS
- Alphabetical List of Judges
- Judicial Directory by Division
- 15th Judicial Circuit
- Florida Supreme Court
- Federal Court – Southern District of Florida
Other Helpful Links
- Florida Statutes; http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/Index.cfm
- Florida Administrative Code: https://www.flrules.org/
- Legal Aid of PBC: http://www.legalaidpbc.org/
- State Attorney’s Office: http://www.sa15.state.fl.us/stateattorney/
- Public Defenders Office: http://www.pd15.state.fl.us/