As an attorney practicing on your own or in a small firm, running your office is a big responsibility. The purpose of the PBCBA’s Solo and Small Firm Practitioner’s Committee is to provide you with the tools and resources to make your job easier so you can do what you do best . . . practice law. The Committee sponsors monthly luncheons that provide you with an opportunity to network with other solo/small firm practitioners. The lunches also have a short program on topics to help you in your day to day practice. Listed below are events that will be presented this year. RSVPs are required and can be done by going to the Bar’s calendar and selecting the date of the event and filling out the registration information.
- September 16, 11:45 – 1:00 p.m. Amended Local Rule 4 and the Art of Uniform Motion Calendar THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT. HOWEVER, PLEASE CHECK OUR SITE NEXT WEEK AS WE WILL BE OFFERING THIS SEMINAR VIA WEBINAR SO YOU CAN WATCH IT FROM YOUR COMPUTER
- November 18, 11:45 – 1:00 p.m. Social Media and the Law with guest Speaker Ethan Wall
- January 14, 11:45 – 1:00 p.m. Marketing for Solos with Little to No Budget
- March 9, Business School for Lawyers & Cocktail Reception
- May 18: Privacy and Security for Law Firms
Starting your own Practice?
Don’t forget these PBCBA Member Benefits that Will Assist Your with your New Office.
The PBCBA has a member benefit with Paychex with entitles members to receive a 15% discount (new enrollees only) on their services that include payroll preparation and automatic payment of payroll taxes and filing of quarterly and annual payroll reports. For more information, please contact Romy Lidor at (561) 373-7602 or click here for more information.
Credit Card Processing
The PBCBA has partnered with LawPay to offer Law Firm Merchant Accounts for our members to allow your firm to handle credit card transactions. Trust your transactions to the only payment solution recommended by over 60 bar associations. Correctly safeguard and separate client funds into trust and operating accounts. Funds are never commingled. The ability to accept credit cards attracts clients, improves cash flow and reduces collections. Plus, members save up to 25% off their credit card processing fees. If you are considering accepting credit cards or want to confirm that you are processing credit card transactions correctly, call 866-376-0950 or click here to you can get started today!
Discounted Office Supplies
(6% rebate on all purchases deducted from each invoice or paid by check) Call 260-467-2222 or visit their website.
Be sure to check out The Florida Bar’s Law Office Management (LOMAS) website. LOMAS was created to assist members dealing with all of the business aspects of setting up, managing, merging or closing a professional practice. It includes such items as:
- New Law Office/Practice Checklist
- Information on Trust Accounting
- Administrative forms such as: Client Fee Agreements; Financial Forms; Personnel Forms; Letters of Representation; Client Intake Forms; and many others
- Advertising Rules
- Financial Management
- Technology Management