Sign up as a Potential Mentee or Mentor:
Only potential candidates for the Bench may receive a mentor.
Tips for Judicial Applicants:
- Never use a Judge as a reference without their permssion
- Be prepared to address deficiencies in your application (be honest)
- Be prepared to answer why you want to be a judge
- Observe JNC interviews prior to applying for a vacant seat
- Even though the minimum qualifications is 5 years, consider waiting until you have closer to 10 years of experience
- If you serve on the JNC, you are disqualified from serving on the Bench for 2 years
Judicial Nominating Commission Candidates
Number of Vacancies: two lawyer vacancies. Beginning December 1, applications can be found on The Florida Bar’s homepage. Deadline to apply is February 10, 2014.
Number of Vacancies: None at this time
Link to Application