Sign up as a Potential Mentee or Mentor for Judicial Applicants
(please note that this is NOT the regular PBCBA Mentor Program, this is just for judicial applicants. Information about the regular mentor program can be found here)
Only potential candidates for the Bench may receive a mentor.
Tips for Judicial Applicants:
- Never use a Judge as a reference without their permssion
- Be prepared to address deficiencies in your application (be honest)
- Be prepared to answer why you want to be a judge
- Observe JNC interviews prior to applying for a vacant seat
- Even though the minimum qualifications is 5 years, consider waiting until you have closer to 10 years of experience
- If you serve on the JNC, you are disqualified from serving on the Bench for 2 years
Number of Vacancies: There is currently one judicial vacancy on the 4th DCA. The deadline to apply is 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 15, 2016. For more information, click here.